You’re completely unique – and so is your ideal home.
- We offer FHA one-time close and Conventional two-time close loans
- Construction loan can pay off land balance
- 12-month term, interest only, on draws made to date
- You choose your builder/general contractor
- No pre-payment penalty
Send us a message
- Save time during your busy day
- Simple and easy to use submittable form
- Our team will follow up and contact you with a solution tailored to your unique needs
What to know
- Construction loan is a line of credit used to build the home
- Flexible, local draws
- A fully executed contract with builder’s draw schedule is required
- Loan amount up to 90% of the appraised value
- Local servicing, with payments made to CRCU
- Builder must meet CRCU's minimum requirements and provide risk insurance
- Refinance the loan into a permanent mortgage once the home is complete
- Wind/hail insurance required for Galveston, Brazoria, and Chambers Counties
- The construction interest loans are generated on the 20th of each month and are due by the end of the month
- Construction loans cannot be set up as ACH (Automatic Clearing House) payment, as the interest may change on a monthly basis as new draws are taken into account
Start your application online!
It’s easy to apply for your CRCU construction loan with our online application.
Our loans typically close in 25 to 45 days.
*Financing available for properties in Texas. CRCU membership eligibility required. Loan subject to credit approval. Minimum loan amount may apply. Rate based on the purpose of loan, loan to value, and credit score, so your rate may differ. Rates subject to change. NMLS#446680
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the construction loan term?
Homes typically are completed in 12 months.
What is the maximum you can finance on a construction loan?
Loan amount cannot exceed 90% of the subject to completion appraised value.
Can we roll our closing cost into the loan?
Yes, provided the loan amount does not exceed 90%.
How are the funds disbursed to our contractor?
Monies are disbursed in draws to the contractor with borrower approval and after verification that the work is complete.
Does anyone inspect the work?
An inspector will go on site to verify the work is complete.