The Credit Union Difference
The people and the values that make us right for you.
The unique benefits of credit union membership at CRCU
CRCU - How credit unions are different from banks
If credit unions offer the same types of financial products and services as banks do, then what’s really the difference? As it turns out, there are several significant differences you’ll find between CRCU and your average bank:
- Membership - At CRCU, you aren’t just a customer. You’re a member-owner, which makes you our number one priority. While banks are in business to benefit shareholders, we’re in business to benefit you.
- Not-for-Profit - As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, CRCU returns any excess earnings not to any shareholders, but to you – in the form of higher savings rates, lower loan rates, and other perks.
- Eligibility - Because of our not-for-profit status, membership at CRCU is limited in certain ways. Fortunately, joining CRCU is easy because our field of membership includes both communities and Select Employer Groups.
- Better Rates - Because CRCU is not-for-profit, we can focus on providing the best rates on both savings and financing solutions, allowing you to earn more on your deposits and borrow money at lower rates.
- Community Focus - Giving back to the community is at the heart of who we are because we know that when the community prospers, our members do, too.
If you like the idea of a financial institution striving to help its members achieve financial success, of being an owner, and of discovering a wealth of unique, money saving benefits, then CRCU is the right choice for you.
Questions? Give us a call at (281) 422.3611 or (800) 238.3228.