Save and do more with your money
It’s more than the key to your CRCU membership. It’s an interest-earning account that can move you closer to your financial goals.
Why It's Great
- Ideal for short-term savings goals
- No monthly service fee
- Can be accessed anytime to make deposits or withdrawals without penalties
- Account qualifies you to apply for a CRCU loan
- Provides Overdraft Protection for checking accounts
- Free Online & Mobile Banking
- Free Bill Pay*, Mobile Deposit, Text Banking, and automated telephone banking with CRCU Touch Tone Teller
- Free debit card
- Access to 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- E-Statements and E-Notices available
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
What to know
- $5 minimum to open
- Withdrawals and transfers can be made via Online Banking, telephone Touch Tone Teller, or in person
- Interest compounded and paid monthly
- Interest rate subject to change monthly
- Average daily balance of $100 to earn interest
- Open additional savings accounts for special purposes, such as vacation, holiday gifts, or major expenses
Other Savings Options
Checking for Everyone
- Free Debit Card
- Free Online, Mobile, & Text Banking with Mobile Deposit
- + So much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to open a savings account?
CRCU has many ways to join. See our field of membership.
Can I have someone else on the account?
Yes, you may have an additional signer and/or beneficiary.
What kinds of ID or documents do I need to open the account?
An unexpired, government-issued form of identification evidencing residence and bearing a photograph, such as a state driver license or state-issued ID and Social Security number.
Can I open a savings account online?
Yes, we offer an easy online application.
What do I need to become a member?
Apply online or visit one of our branch locations.
Is there any penalty for too many withdrawals from the account?
Why is there a $5 hold on my account?
It is the minimum balance required to maintain your membership.
How To Create a Budget in 6 Easy Steps
Do you have a budget? It’s not as hard as you might think to make one. We’ve got a simple six-step process that will have you in full command of your finances in no time!