Freedom Money Market
The freedom to save your money your way.
Freedom Money Market Accounts
What to know
- Minimum $500 balance to open
- Average daily balance requirement of $500 to avoid a $10 monthly service fee
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly
- Interest rate subject to change monthly
- Debit card transactions and bill pay service are not allowed
- May not be used as collateral for a loan
Why it’s great
- Competitive yields tiered to reward you for saving more
- No minimum withdrawal amount
- Free checks
- Federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
Become a CRCU Member
- A wide field of membership - see if you qualify!
- Complete your application online with ease
- Access to exclusive benefits and discounts from Love My Credit Union Rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current interest rate?
See our current rates.
How much do you need to open this account?
A $500 minimum deposit is required to open a Freedom Money Market account.
Is there a minimum balance to earn interest or avoid fees?
There is no minimum balance required to earn interest, but you must keep an average daily balance of $500 to avoid a monthly service fee.
Is there a penalty for taking funds out of the account?
Not if you stay within Regulation D limits of six transfers and/or withdrawals per month. Otherwise a fee applies.
May I have a debit card?
No, debit cards are not allowed on this account type.
May I order checks?
Yes. If you clear fewer than three checks per month your next order of checks is free. Otherwise, a fee will apply.
What is the monthly service fee if the average daily balance is less than $500?
The monthly service fee is $10 per month if you do not maintain your average daily balance of $500.