Credit Disability Insurance
Protect the Ones You Love
Why it’s great
- Affordable to buy and easy to enroll
- Reduces financial burden in the event of a disability
- Improves financial security
- Protects members' level of income
What to know
- Credit disability is designed specifically to help you meet your obligations to the credit union and makes your payment when you would need it most
- If you’re out of work for 14 days or more and you can provide a doctor’s note, then your loan payment will be paid
- Maximum age of borrower is 70 years
- Maximum loan amount eligible is $75,000
- Maximum term eligible is 120 months
How to get yours
Tell your Personal Financial Officer that you’d like credit life insurance before loan closing to add this protection to your loan.
THREE STEPS TO GREATER SECURITY
WHAT IS CREDIT DISABILITY INSURANCE?
It’s a way to help cover you and your family. There’s no way anyone can prepare for a total disability due to injury or a medical-related illness, but you can take steps along the way to make sure your family is provided for if the unforeseen were to happen.MEMBER’S CHOICE's Credit Disability Insurance helps pay your loan when you and your family need it most.
Find out more about Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance by visiting a branch nearest you, or calling 800.238.3228.
What does it cost?
The cost is based on your loan amount. When your payment is calculated, we calculate the insurance premium.
Do I have to have it?
No, it is not required as part of loan approval.
What is the maximum age to be eligible?
Credit life can cover you up to 70 years of age.
Am I eligible if have a pre-existing condition?
Certain pre-existing conditions are not covered. Ask your personal financial offer for more information.