(Branch & Service Updates)
COVID-19 Update from Community Resource Credit Union
YES, we remain open for business… but just differently!
Beginning October 7th, CRCU Branch Lobbies Available by Appointment!
The health and safety of our members and employees is of the utmost importance. We will continue to monitor Harris County’s phases of business openings as we prepare to re-open CRCU's branches to their full-service capacity in the near future.
The Personal Financial Officers available by appointment are located at:
- Decker Branch
- Alexander Branch
- Garth Road Branch
- Mont Belvieu Branch
- Crosby Branch
- Atascocita Branch
- Hwy 146 Branch (Tentative start date for this branch to be open for appointments will be Monday, October 26th)
Branch Appointment Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. beginning Saturday, October 10th
We encourage you to use our online services, and our network of free ATMs for cash withdrawals.
Beginning October 7th, you can choose a video conference appointment OR an in-person appointment with a Personal Financial Officer! Click below to schedule your time/date and type of appointment! When wishing to choose a video conference appointment, please select the "Virtual Branch" option.
- A CRCU Team Member will meet you at the door wearing a mask.
- Face masks will be required at all times for anyone inside a CRCU branch. Members will be given hand sanitizer, and will adhere to social distancing requirements.
- Floor graphics have been placed to direct foot traffic.
- Office spaces have been equipped with plexi-glass shields.
- CRCU will only allow a maximum of 2 members in a party inside the branch at one time. (ex: A husband & wife or parent & child).
- Please continue to perform teller transactions through our drive-through lanes, an ATM, or our large selection of digital tools. Appointments are reserved for member service transactions.
- The only teller service that will be allowed inside the branch will be coin machine usage. Please call 281.422.3611 for more information.
We have a large team of employees working to serve you online and by phone, as well. We encourage you to take advantage of CRCU’s large selection of digital tools, like Mobile Banking, so you can bank from wherever you are!
Thank you for being a valued CRCU member!
For your personal safety and wellness, face masks for both members and employees will be required to be worn inside CRCU branches. A two person maximum per PFO office will be the general policy.
- Transfer Funds
- Make Loan Payments
- Deposit Checks
- Pay Bills
- Apply for Loans and Credit Cards
- Download the CRCU Mobile App today!
- (for Apple or Android)
This page is the best place to find the most current information related to CRCU's actions in the coming weeks and months, including any changes or service interruptions that affect members. At this time, we are keeping normal business hours at our corporate and branch locations as well as our contact center while enabling more remote work options for our employees.
Our Facebook page will also provide timely and ongoing updates.
Protect Your Identity
Scammers may try to take advantage of the pandemic situation. Please know that CRCU will NEVER ask for personally identifiable information, like your account number or PIN. Visit our Security Center for more information & tips on protecting your identity & fighting fraud.
Relief and Services for Members
If you are experiencing financial hardships due to family illness, or business closures due to COVID-19 mandates, please contact us at 281.422.3611 or 1.800.238.3228. We want to make sure you have access to the resources you need to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and your business during this time of uncertainty.
Pay off higher interest loans & credit cards.
Rates as low as 4.99% APR for
Rates as low as 7.49% APR for
- 90 Days NO Pay7
- Up to $25,0008
- Fast Funded Approvals
View Lobby Wait-Times at all CRCU Branches
CRCU Branch Lobbies Are OPEN As Usual, But With Modifications.
We understand you’re busy. Now you can check to see the wait times at our branch locations.
Within branch lobbies, please wear a mask & observe social distancing.
Useful Resources & Tips
5 COVID-19 Scams to Watch Out For
1. The fake cure scam. Scammers are peddling bogus cures and vaccines. If you’re offered a drug or vaccine to fight coronavirus — especially by a company you’ve never heard of — you’re looking at a scam.
2. Phishing emails from the “World Health Organization” (WHO). Scammers are sending out emails which appear to be from the WHO, but are really an attempt to get you to share personal information.
3. Fake charities. Everyone wants to help those stricken by the virus, but be sure to check out the authenticity of a charity before making your donation.
4. Malicious websites. Scammers have set up websites full of information on COVID-19 with the intention of gaining access to your device. Don’t download any links or open attachments from non-reputable sources.
5. Fake funding scams. Criminals invent a “research team” supposedly on the verge of discovering a cure for COVID-19 — they just need your donation. Of course, all funds donated to this alleged team will go directly into the scammers’ pockets. Only donate to verified causes.
COVID-19 Texting Scam
The coronavirus pandemic has been raging on American shores for several months, but scammers are still finding new ways to exploit the panic, fear and uncertainty surrounding the virus to con people out of their money. The latest in a string of coronavirus scams involves a simple text message with criminal intent.
Here’s all you need to know about the coronavirus text scam.
The scam starts out with the victim receiving an alarming text message informing them that someone they’ve recently been in contact with is infected with COVID-19. They are then told to self-quarantine and to get tested for the virus.
Here is the actual text from one of these scams:
“Someone who came in contact with you tested positive or has shown symptoms for COVID-19 & recommends you self-isolate/get tested.”
The text also includes a link for the recipient to click for more information. Many unsuspecting people who read these messages innocently click on the link and play right into the scammers’ hands. The link provides the scammer with access to the victim’s device. The scammer can then scrape the victim’s personal information off the phone and use it to empty the victim’s accounts, open lines of credit in their name or even steal their identity.
If you receive a text message like the one described above, do not respond or click on any embedded links. Report the text to local law enforcement agencies, place the number associated with the message on your phone’s “block number” list and delete the message. You can also warn your friends about the circulating scam to keep them from falling victim.
Stay vigilant and stay safe!
Protect Your Identity
Scammers may try to take advantage of the pandemic situation. Please know that CRCU will NEVER ask for personally identifiable information, like your account number or PIN.
- Beware of criminals pretending to be WHO (World Health Organization) - Cyber Security Tips
- Use the Federal Trade Commision's advice to protect yourself from scams.
- For the latest updates about coronavirus visit the CDC's Resources
There has been a lot of information lately about fraud targeting around the COVID-19 event. Things such as stimulus checks or emails about COVID-19 surges your city are popular along with even text messages to obtain personal financial information. People are even doing fake testing sites for Medicare fraud. See below some resources & articles to learn more about these scams.
1APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Monthly payment = $386.44 on $20,000 borrowed for 54 months at 1.74% APR, including all applicable discounts. Lowest rate of 1.74% APR available for new car purchases only. Other rates and terms available. Not available to refinance an existing CRCU auto loan. Your rate will be fixed. Certain terms, conditions, and / or discounts apply to rate listed. Rates current as of 3/31/2020 and are subject to change based on market conditions and borrower eligibility. May not be combined with other offers. All loans and rates are subject to credit approval and some restrictions may apply, including qualifying for a discounted rate. Subject to mileage and vehicle age limitations. A vehicle is considered new when the model is the current calendar year, next year, or the previous year; so long as the mileage does not exceed 7,500 miles. Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Offer expires 5/8/2020. CRCU membership is required. 2Payment will not be required during the deferred period for the first 90 days. Interest will accrue during the deferment period. 3$100 cashback valid for auto refinances only. New or used purchase loans do not qualify. $100 cashback deposited into CRCU checking or savings account at time of loan closing. Cashback may constitute taxable income to you. CRCU may issue an IRS form 1099 to you. Approval subject to complete underwriting criteria. Subject to mileage and vehicle age limitations.4CRCU finances up to 120% of MSRP (new vehicles) or the NADA Retail value (used vehicles).Maximum loan to value (LTV) is 120% including tax, license, and fees. Maximum LTV is subject to approval and certain restrictions may apply.
5APR= Annual Percentage Rate. Monthly payment = $755.29 on $25,000 borrowed for 36 months at 4.99% APR, including all applicable discounts. 6Monthly payment = $506.99 on $25,000 borrowed for 60 months at 7.49% APR, including all applicable discounts. All loans subject to credit approval and some restrictions apply. Membership required. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. 7Payment will not be required during the deferred period for the first 90 days. Interest will accrue during the deferment period. 8Dependent upon qualifying credit. This loan is for debt consolidation purposes only. No cash will be provided at loan closing and creditors will be paid directly by the Credit Union. Offer expires 5/8/20.