What you Need to Know about Overdrafts, Overdraft Fees and Courtesy Pay.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to a savings account, a checking account or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Community Resource Credit Union pays my overdraft & and I'm enrolled in Courtesy Pay?
Under our standard overdraft Courtesy Pay practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $29.50 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit on the total fees per day we can charge you for overdrawing your account
Your Courtesy Pay limit may be available for checks and other transactions made using your checking account number or automatic bill payment and recurring debit card payment. Also, at your request, we may authorize and pay ATM transfers or withdrawals and everyday debit card purchases using your limit.
What if I want Community Resource Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the secure online form or follow the instructions below to opt in by mail, phone, or in person.
Thank you for your submission!
We will be in touch with you soon.