Certificate of Deposit
Make progress toward your financial goals with our longer-term options and attractive rates. With a CD, you'll always know exactly what interest rate you'll receive during the term. And you can easily roll your CD over at the end of its term to keep your savings growing.
- $1,000 minimum to open, $90,000 for jumbo certificates
- Choose from available terms of 90 days to 60 months
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- Interest is compounded daily for maximum returns
- Interest can be paid via check or automatic transfer to your CRCU checking or savings
Plus, the NCUA protects the money you have in CRCU, a federally insured credit union, up to $250,000, just like the FDIC protects money in a bank account.
Have a question, or want to talk with a Personal Financial Officer?
- 281.422.3611 in Baytown, 281.462.2728 in Crosby or Atascocita
- 800.238.3228 out of the area
- Choose from 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 60 month terms
- Minimum deposit of $1,000
- 6 or 12 month Jumbo Certificates available with a minimum deposit of $90,000
- Interest compounds daily and can be paid monthly, quarterly or at maturity to your certificate of deposit, savings or checking account
- Can be used as collateral for a credit union loan instead of withdrawing your invested funds
- There is a penalty for early withdrawal of funds
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Minimum deposit $1,000. Penalty for early withdrawal. Personal accounts only. Rate accurate as of October 12, 2016. Membership required. Excludes funds coming from an existing CRCU account. Ask for details.
Use 'CD Laddering' to get high yields and maintain sufficient access to your savings. ‘Laddering’ means opening numerous certificates at once for varying terms.
Begin by opening several certificates of deposit at one time, each with a different maturity date. Then, when one of your certificates matures, you can roll it over into a new certificate with a longer term and higher rate.
For example, if you have $20,000 to invest to start, you can purchase five $4,000 savings certificates:
Certificate #1 for a 12-month term
Certificate #2 for a 24-month term
Certificate #3 for a 36-month term
Certificate #4 for a 48-month term
Certificate #5 for a 60-month term
When the 12-month certificate matures, roll it over into a 60-month certificate, and do the same as the 24, 36 and 48 month certificates mature.
In only four years you will have a 60-month certificate maturing every year. That way, you have access to cash every year as a certificate matures, but can take advantage of higher interest rates on 60-month certificates.