Custodial Accounts for Minors
When you're ready to start saving for your child's future, CRCU can help. We offer accounts that can be opened under the Texas Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (TUTMA) for the benefit of a minor. This type of account requires that an adult over age 18 be named as a “custodian” of the account.
- Interest paid on accounts with $100 or more
- Never a monthly maintenance fee
- Low $5 minimum opening deposit
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE e-Statement & e-Notice Service
- Access to over 5,000 Shared Branches
- Only one minor and one custodian can be named on the account
- Only a custodian can withdraw from the account, make deposits or close the account
- Once the child reaches the designated age (21 years old), a custodian must transfer control of the funds over to the child
Other Account Ownership Options
If you wish for the minor to have equal access to an account, consider establishing a Regular Savings account with joint ownership.
Introduce your school age children to important financial concepts by igniting their natural love of play with highly interactive games, stories, and more. Scroll down to learn more based on the age of your children.