Password Change Requirements
Effective January 10, 2022
Effective January 10, 2022, new enhanced security measures will be in place for the home banking and mobile banking platforms, which may result in password change requirements.
At Community Resource Credit Union, we take our responsibility to protect our member’s financial information seriously and adhere to high standards of security in order to provide a safe and secure online user experience. In an effort to ensure your online experience is well-protected and reduce the risk of having your personal financial information compromised, we will begin requiring stronger password complexity for Online Banking and Mobile Banking users.
Please note, your passwords and financial information have not been compromised. We are simply taking a proactive approach to keep your online accounts safe.
You are a valued member and we thank you for your patience during this transition. If you have questions about the updated password requirements or any other matters, please contact CRCU at 281.422.3611.
NEW PASSWORD REQUIREMENTS
- Must be between 8 and 32 characters
- At least one Upper Case Letter
- At least one Lower Case Letter
- At least one Number
- At least one Special Character
- Cannot contain any whitespace (spaces are not allowed: including before, in the middle of or after the password)
- Cannot be a substring of the username or User ID
- Passwords will expire every 180 days
- Cannot reuse any of the previous 5 passwords
- You will be prompted to change your password based on the requirements listed above beginning January 10.
- Passwords will expire every 180 day and you can't reuse any of your last 5 passwords.
Your Touch ID and Facial Recognition setting on the CRCU mobile app will need to be updated using your newly created, enhanced password.
Change your password regularly - It's important to change your password regularly, which you can easily do by clicking on "My Settings" and then "EDIT Password" after logging into Online Banking.
Remember to log off - You may not always be at your own computer when you bank online. Therefore, it's important to log off when you're finished banking.