Credit Life Insurance
Financing to put life within reach.
Taking care of life’s biggest goals is the best reason why our members come to us for competitive financing. And taking care of your family is the best reason why you should get credit life insurance – a policy that may pay off your loan in the event of your protected death.
Why it’s great
- Improves financial security
- May reduce the beneficiary's financial burden in the event of a protected death.
Knowing you're protected helps give you peace of mind.
What to know
- If you have Credit Life Insurance on a loan and you pass away for a protected reason, the outstanding loan balance may be paid in full, up to policy maximums.
- To be eligible, you must be actively at work for a minimum of 25 hours per week (otherwise, you must answer health question number one on our application)
- Maximum age of borrower is 70 years
Total Benefit Maximum, $50,000
- Maximum term eligible is 120 months
How to get yours
Tell your Personal Financial Officer that you’d like Credit Life Insurance before loan closing to add this protection to your loan.
Need To Crunch The Numbers?
What does it cost?
The premium is based on your monthly outstanding loan balance and the protection you choose. Please talk to your loan officer to discuss your options and the costs associated.
Do I have to have it?
No. Credit Life insurance is voluntary and not required to obtain your loan.
How many hours a week do I have to work to be considered eligible?
You must be actively at work 25 hours per week on the date you apply to be eligible for Credit Disability Insurance. If you are not working the required hours, you may be able to answer a health question in order to apply for Credit Life Insurance.
How will this protect my loan?
Credit Life insurance may pay off your loan balance, up to policy maximums, in the event of a protected life event.
Is there an age requirement to be eligible for credit life?
Members are eligible for credit life insurance up to 70 years of age. *Please note the month you turn 70, coverage will automatically cancel.