E-Sign Act Disclosure
E-Sign Act Disclosure
From time to time, Community Resource Credit Union (we, us or Company) may be required by law to provide to you certain written notices or disclosures. Before accessing this service, the Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (ESIGN) Act, requires we obtain your consent prior to delivering legal disclosures to you in electronic format. This E-SIGN Consent Agreement allows CRCU to provide you with electronic versions of important notices and documents associated with your account. Certain laws and regulations require us to provide notices and disclosures in writing (defined as a paper notice); with your consent, the E-SIGN Act allows us to provide these documents to you electronically.
SCOPE OF COMMUNICATIONS TO BE PROVIDED IN ELECTRONIC FORM
You agree that we may provide you with any communications that we may choose to make available in electronic format, to the extent applicable by law, and that we may discontinue sending paper communication to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent. Your consent to receive electronic communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with the opening of an account and products or services available through Home Banking. As an example, CRCU may choose to send by text required notification of changes to terms and conditions related to Home Banking.
- Notices and disclosures about a Change-in-Terms of your account
- Privacy policies and notices
- Monthly (or periodic) billing or account statements for your account(s) or such other communication that we may include from time to time as part of the enrollment in the e-statement program.
- Disclosures, notices and other communication delivered to you through the Lightico site will remain available for a minimum of 7 days.
METHOD OF PROVIDING COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU IN ELECTRONIC FORM
Communication that we provide to you in electronic form will be delivered to you (1) via email (2) by access to a website that we will designate in an email notice we send to you at the time the information is available (3) to the extent permissible by law, by accessing to a website that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose (4) within the Lightico site in a .pdf document. You will have the ability to sign documents from your mobile device without downloading. You also have the option to download the documents for recordkeeping.
MAINTAINING A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS
If the e-mail address where you receive electronic communication should change, you are responsible for logging into your Home Banking service and changing your e-mail address to the new e-mail address. If it is impossible to do so, please contact the credit union immediately at 281-422-3611 or visit any branch location to ensure that you receive proper notification from us regarding your electronic communication.
TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
To inform us that you no longer want to receive future notices and disclosures in electronic format you may:
- To withdraw your consent after you have already received and signed your document(s), you must contact us at 281-422-3611 or visit any branch location.
If you withdraw your consent to this Agreement:
- You will no longer receive the electronic documents through the Lightico site.
REQUESTING PAPER COPIES
You agree and understand we will not send you a paper copy of certain documents which is available electronically; unless you request it, or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You may request paper communications by calling 281-422-3611 or visiting any branch location. Copies of disclosures and account agreements can be mailed at no charge; copies of statements can be mailed for a nominal fee, which is listed in our fee schedule. We may change the types of communications eligible for electronic delivery from time to time.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
By consenting to this Agreement, you confirm that your access device meets the minimum specifications and requirement necessary to view and retain your electronic documents.
To access your electronic documents on a mobile device, you will need:
- A valid email address
- A mobile device with any of the following operating systems: Android or iOS
- A data plan provided by your wireless carrier and an up-to-date mobile app from your app store or marketplace that is compatible with, and supported by, your operating system.
- If you wish to view .pdf files on your mobile device, you will need software that accurately reads and displays .pdf files (such as the mobile version of Adobe Reader).
To access your electronic documents on a traditional computer, you will need:
- A computer with an operating system such as Windows 10 or Apple Mac
- An internet connection and an up-to-date internet browser that is compatible with and supported by your operating system (e.g., Internet Explorer 4.0 and later, Google Chrome, Edge, Safari, or Firefox)
- Software that accurately reads and displays .pdf files (such as Adobe Reader 4.0 and later versions)
CHANGES IN SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
We will notify you if our hardware or software requirements change and whether that change creates a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain your electronic documents.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions as described herein, you electronically consent to receive disclosures and notices and to the terms and conditions as described above. By providing your consent electronically, you are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the joint-owners of your account(s).