Life Stage: I am in my 20's
The world is your oyster, and itís time to create the memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. You are probably just finding your career path and most likely think you have plenty of time to worry about retirement.
Truth be told, now is the best time to start good saving habits and funding your retirement. Time is your greatest asset, so take advantage of it. Itís the one thing you can never make up for as retirement approaches.
5 Key Steps:
- Start thinking ahead Ė Build an emergency fund of at least one monthís rent
- Create a budget that allows you to enjoy life and save a little money
- Try saving 10% of your income with an automatic savings plan
- Keep your debt to a minimum and donít get caught up in appearances
- If you have access to an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, contribute at least the amount that your employer matches Ė more if you can
- If you have no 401(k) plan, open an IRA at CRCU
Planning for retirement is a lifetime process. Get started now by developing good saving and spending habits that can help you build the assets you need to retire.
Stop by or call Robert Head today for an appointment to discuss your personal financial needs to help you down the road to financial success. Call 281.422.3611 or 800.238.3228.